For this project, i worked with Studiolabs, a digital studio, that entrusted me to have the role of UX/UI Designer. I was excited to work for iZclean because it was a great challenge to create a product for 3 kinds of specific users (clients, washers and administrators). Moreover, the experience with the product was a mix between digital and real life, so we had to define clear insights and progress step by step, to guarantee the success of the project !
iZclean is a service connecting people who wants to have their two-wheleed vehicle washed, with people ready to perform those washes (called washer in the app). For the moment, the service is only available in some Paris arrondissements. The goal is to test the market and the service itself before launching it in other french cities.
iZclean wanted to have a mobile app to develop their service. The project was to offer a customized user experience for each user type, based on their expectations, motivations and pain points. For this project, we already have some insights thanks to the client. Indeed, he already launch the service on his website, which was functional since several months. This allow us to have data about the users and the concept. Moreover, it was pleasant to work with iZclean because the founder of the project was very invested and he understood the value of UX, which is not always the case when we work with clients.
This project was really complex in terms of UX. As they are 3 kind of users for this product, each of these involves specific problematics, such as :
As the project was complex and implied several actors, the functional analysis made by the product manager and the client was extremely useful. It allows us to have a global view of the different features we had to design. In addition to this, we created 2 taskflows to highlight the two main features of the product.
Thanks to these user flows and the functional analysis, we were ready to create the wireframes. The different features were divided into stories, each of them corresponding to an action the user can make in the app. For this project, those stories add to cover all the possible actions for the User, the Washer and the Admin.
This segmentation in « stories » allows :
Once the wireframes were validated, we had to focus on the visual aspect of iZclean. Our first mission was to define a brand identity for the product. As the company was pretty young, it was important for us to develop graphic guidelines to have a global coherence between all the different supports. To do it, the lead designer and i, worked on some graphic charter suggestions and some UI styles, by taking into account the client's recommendations.
After showing these explorations to the client, we finally choose the Exploration n°2. Following that, the Lead Designer has develop the foundations of the design system that we would use for the rest of the UI. Text styles, color palette and components were complete and very easy to use, indeed the Design system was extremely well set up so it was a real pleasure to use it ! We also develop it throughout the project by adding some more complex components corresponding to the needs of the interface.
The design system allowed us to build coherent and eye-catching interfaces. Our workflow was also faster than usual : as the wireframes were already pretty-detailed, we basically just had to replace the components of the Wireframes Design System we used, with the iZclean Design System ! All along the UI, we had iterate a lot with the product manager and the client to guarantee the quality of the interfaces designed.
As i’m writing this, the UX & UI phases are done. But due to budget and timing issues, the development phase has been pushed back to later this year. But, as soon as the product is released, we will gather some users feedbacks to make improvements. In addition, we already highlight some features that could be implemented in V2, such as the Washer onboarding for example.
iZclean has been the most formative project for me. Indeed, we had to build a complex product for several user type. To do this, i realized that iterations were the key to success. Our workflow was based on a lot of exchange between us, the product manager and the client. So we have progressed step by step to make sure that the product would answer the users needs and expectations. Thanks to this project, i could also take part in the elaboration and the development of a complex design system. I realized how important it is to have an efficient one to enhance the designers's workflows